Support you Deserve

We offer a broad range of services to help you secure a sound financial future. You've worked hard to get where you are. You deserve a firm that works hard for you.

Licenses and Certifications

Jeanine Buben-Croy, MT, EA, a/k/a Jeanine Buben, MT, EA, is an accountant with a Master Degree in Accounting, and undergradutate training in accounting, finance, and paralegal/prelaw.  She is federally licensed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as an Enrolled Agent (EA) to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.  Her experience includes that of a public accountant, private accountant, financial analyst, higher education professor/instructor, and litigation paralegal.

When Jeanine adds or refers contractors and employees, she selects professionals with experience, education, and licenses/certifications appropriate for the services required by clients.

Licenses and Certifications

Some professional designations that you may see for our employees and vendors/contractors may include:

Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License;

Enrolled Agent (EA); 

Certified Payroll Professional (CPP);

Occupational and Vocational Teaching Licenses;

Paralegals Certified and Non-Certified.

Our senior level accountants are Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or Enrolled Agents (EA).  Other professional staff hold relevant licenses, certifications, degrees, and/or experiences, as is appropriate for their roles at Remote Business Solutions, Inc.

Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a state issued license for public accounting services.  Its unique feature is that it qualifies holders to provide auditing and attest services to the public.  Each state board of accountancy specifies the requirements for candidates to apply for such a license.  Besides 150 hours of accredited college courses in specified areas, candidates must pass a bacground check, and complete testing.  This license is granted by the Colorado Board of Accountancy and requires annual continued educaton (CPE) requirements to maintain the lcense.

Enrolled Agent (EA) license, is a federal license granted directly by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).  Its unique feature is that it qualifies holders to provide taxpayer representation services to the public.  It is in fact the ONLY license that specifically qualifies professionals to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.  It is a federal license granted by the Internal Revenue Service upon successful test scores and background checks.  It requires 15 1/2 hours of testing over the U.S. Tax Code and other statutory law, ethics and IRS procedures, federl income, employment, gifts, trusts, and estate taxes.  Ethics and background checks are also required. It requires annual continued education classes to maintain knowledge and licensing.

When I grow up, I want to be a tax accountant!  See humorous video below:

Occupational licences (private colleges and schools) and Vocational Teaching Licenses (public colleges and schools)  are granted by state governmental agencies.  They qualify candidates to teach/train in specified areas of expertise, such as accounting, payroll, and taxation.

Paralegals are  professionals trained in law to assist licensed attorneys.  There are Tax Paralegals who assist tax attorneys in litigation and taxpayer representation cases.  They may generalize or specialize, and work in a variety of legal environments or related fields.  Paralegals generally hold college degrees but could be educated in on the job programs.  Paralegals may take tests to certify after completing a certificate program or a degree program in paralegal studies at an accredited institution.

Please call Jeanine at 303-619-8900 if you have any questions about professional credentials.

What Others Say

View Our Client Reviews